Premed 101 Forums

The Official Waitlisters' Thread

Guest VwDubber

Guest VwDubber

Hi Everyone.

I have a little favor to ask of everyone who is currently on anyone of Mac's waitlists for the current application cycle, I would really appreciate if you could provide your waitlisted info adhering to the following format:

Thanks so much,

Dubby-

-------------------------------------------------------

I am currently on the primary/secondary waitlist at McMaster.

I also applied to School A, School B ..... School Z this year.

I was accepted/rejected/wailisted at School A,

I was accepted/rejected/wailisted at School B,

I was accepted/rejected/waitlisted at School Z.

Of all the schools I interviewed at, I would like to attend School ABC the most.

Guest VwDubber

I will start:

I am currently on the Secondary waitlist at McMaster.

This was the only school I applied to this year.

I would like to attend McMaster the most.

Guest grandmellon

Dundundun....... the verdict is in... I'm on the Secondary Wait list!....

Secondary waitlist at McMaster

McMaster was the only school I applied to this year

McMaster ROCKS!

Guest stargirl

hey grandmellon,

where do you live? i'm waiting to hear from ottawa and mac...hopefully both on the same day to minimize the torture...and to prevent my room mate from killing me due to my sudden onset OCD...

stargirl

Guest grandmellon

Hey Stargirl

I'm representing from the East Side of the T Dot. (scarborough). My mail man came early today... thank goodness! Nothing wrong with a little OCD just put it to good use like cleaning your room or shining those shoes you have never shined :rollin

Guest stargirl

thanks grandmellon...i'm in the big O dot (ottawa) - dare i hope for the mail to travel here at warp speed from hamilton...we shall see...in my state of OCD, I am taking off from work during lunch to check what has arrived from canada post...

hey, i can't remember but are you the one that got a mac interview off the interview waitlist?? if you are then surely it MUST be a sign! Good luck to you! May history repeat itself a second time!

Guest CLYL

I am currently on the primary waitlist at McMaster.

I also applied to UT, Queen's, Ottawa and McGill this year.

I was rejected at Queen's and Ottawa.

I am waitlisted at Mac, McGill and UT.

Of all the schools I interviewed at, I would like to attend UT the most.

Guest macdaddyeh

Hi everyone, macdaddyeh here. I'm on the SECONDARY waitlist--I know this isn't good news, but let's not consider it bad news yet...I'm only irritated that there is no such thing as a flat out rejection anymore nor are any numbers divulged.

I actually kind of figured that I would be waitlisted because I didn't do so well on my interview overall. Oh well, all things happen for a reason and best wishes to all in the coming weeks!

Take care for now and congrats to those that got an immediate acceptance!

Guest stargirl

I too am one of the secondary waitlisted at Mac...

Also applied to U. of O. - got the bad waitlist letter this morning.

Ottawa was my first choice (cause I already live here and it's a hip hop happenin' town) but I will happily go to Mac if they call my name...

If anyone out there was "rejected" by Mac...can you pllleeeeeaaassseee let us know...I'm sure all the secondary waitlisters would appreciate knowing whether they should hold on to that glimmer of hope or if everyone not on the primary waitlist was secondary waitlisted...

It would also be nice to know how many people were on the primary waitlist and how many were on the secondary waitlist...but I know that's too much to ask...sigh...

Does anyone know how many people were initially put on the waitlist last year? And how many people they eventually called? Thanks a bunch!!

stargirl

Guest UWOMED2005

Unfortunately, I wouldn't count on information you get from this board to help you on that matter. Yes, a lot of people post here. But don't forget this is but a small fraction of the total applicants! So there might be people who get rejections who don't post here at all. . . aren't willing to share such information with others.

Even if someone did post such information, would it matter? I think you can rely on the fact there are rejections. . . macMed posted as much in a different thread. Trust that info. And having people post here that they were rejected wouldn't give you a sense of how many people were on that rejection list, and how many on the second waitlist.

You still have a shot. Sounds like if they go through the "primary" waitlist (which they sometimes do) they'll dip into the "secondary" waitlist, and if you're high enough on that list you have a shot at acceptance. So I wouldn't lose hope. But I also wouldn't let it ruin your summer.

I wish you the best of luck.

Guest PDSP

Hey all,

Waitlisted (primary) at Mac.

I have received offers to other schools in Ontario, but have not yet decided which is my first choice.

Good luck.

PD

Guest stargirl

UWOMED2005...

I hear ya...it's just that being stuck in limbo is a wretched feeling! I'd rather know one way or the other....

stargirl

Guest macdaddyeh

Hi everyone:

I just called Mac to enquire as to whether people were outright rejected this year. Here is what the unofficial response was from the pleasant receptionist:

"This year we have a new chair and we decided that all our candidates were exceptional and therefore we eliminated rejections and created three blocks; accepted, primary and secondary waitlists so as to give everyone an equal chance"......

or something like that [i am paraphrasing]

This is an interesting (albeit fair) move on their part considering that a year or two ago they had that embarrasing screw up where a large number rejected and the seats also increased!

Here's hoping people choose other schools;)

Guest multifish

Hey.

I'm primary waitlisted at Mac.

Also good waitlist at Ottawa, and waitlisted at Dal, McGill

Accepted UofT, Western, Queen's. I'll probably be going to one of those three -- probably U of T, because my only problem with it is that I've been here 6 years already, although I think my mom would die of joy if I went to Western and she could have me in her L-town clutches once more.

Guest macdaddyeh

Multifish:

Wow, I wish I was in that position. Congratulations on your triple offer (those are all great schools, but London is a beautiful city--I was born and raised in the Forest City). Best wishes on your tough decision making; may I live vicariously through you!

Guest erinsmom2bmd

Well the verdict is in - secondary waitlist.

Although I'm disappointed, I'm happy the waiting is over.

I'm thankful I made it to the interview stage and will make every effort to make it there again next year!

Best of luck to everyone!

erinsmom

Guest mumfirst

Erinsmom,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are on the secondary waitlist. I was really hoping for you to be one of those 138 acceptances!

I will e-mail you!

Guest everyoneloveschem

I am currently on the secondary waitlist at McMaster.

I only applied to Mac this year.

Of all the schools I interviewed at, I would (obviously) like to attend McMaster the most.

Guest kiwi

on the secondary waitlist at Mac.

Mac was the only school I applied this year.

My plan B is to attend grad school this fall to fill in my gap in health science, as I have received numerous scholarships this year. Though disappointed, I am still happy that I have gone this far ... so life goes on ...

Good luck to those who are waitlisted (including myself)... There is always a chance if we persist! :)

Guest MA2003

Hi Kiwi,

Just to let you know, I also went to grad school after failing to receive an interview from Mac last year, and now I have been accepted to Mac, after completing a 1 yr MA. I wanted to tell you that it was, without a doubt, the very best decision I could have made. I've gained so much from my grad programme, the funding made it financially worthwhile, I can also return to do my PhD after my MD if I so choose, and the skills I have developed will definitely make me a better doctor. So in a nutshell, things work out the way they are supposed to - just hang in there!

Guest kiwi

MA2003, first of all, BIG congrats on the acceptance !! It's a great feeling, isn't it? :) Also congrats to all who have received first round offers: Nams, Lynlloyd, IRN, Shelleyrn and many others ... you guys are awesome!

MA2003, thanks for the encouragement. I love this forum cuz everyone is soooooo supportive... May I know what MA program were you in? As for me, I will be in a health science related program that will take approx 2 years to complete. I am still thinking if I should apply again this year or wait till I complete my master's. I want to keep myself going so that in case if I didn't go to med school eventually, I would settle with a career in research/academia.

I wish you all the best in med school. I am sure you will be a great doctor ...

Guest Blackbird15

Hey everyone,

I haven't checked the boards in a while, but WOW! It looks like some of my Mac Mock group got the really REALLY good news!

Congradulations Lynlloyd and Nams! You deserve it!

VDub and GM, I'm really sorry (and really surprised) to hear about the news. At our sessions, I totally thought you two would both kick ass at mac... The only thing I can think of is that you're unfortunately saddled with the dreaded Y chromosome! (just kidding :D ) Let's hope this is just a minor set back and the list moves quickly!

As for me, I've been waitlisted too (the primary waitlist, I think -- My letter (read to me over the phone by my dad) didn't say anything about a secondary waitlist). Oh well, I don't feel too bad about it, because I've pretty much decided on McGill (even got a nice, happenin' apartment in downtown Mtl before i left!).

Take care and don't let the waiting get ya down!

Blackbird

Archived