Premed 101 Forums

MMI Advice

I do not remember bringing up personal anecdotes during my MMI answers. The only time I did was if I had already answered the station's scenario and was then going through additional prompting questions, where it made sense to bring it up and I only mentioned it briefly. I did not elaborate on it or in any way focus on it, it was more of an off-hand sort of remark.

Don't be one of those weirdos who doesn't answer the station's question or thoroughly address the scenario at hand, because you end up rambling about stuff no one cares about because you think that that is the way you are going to "sell yourself."

MMIs are about gauging your thought process. There are plenty of posts on this forum that go into detail about how to construct a response in an MMI situation. 

Of course if an MMI station arises where it would logically make sense to briefly incorporate a personal anecdote if applicable, feel free to do so, but do not go about trying to fit one into all of your answers when they are not always warranted.

Archived