Premed 101 Forums

DAT - Perceptual ability

It's 60 minutes for the entire PAT, so you have the freedom to split up the 60 minutes for all the PAT sections as you wish. With lots of practice, you don't even need to read the instructions for each part because it doesn't change. You'll know how you need to answer each PAT section like the back of your hand

1 hour ago, longhaul said:

It's 60 minutes for the entire PAT, so you have the freedom to split up the 60 minutes for all the PAT sections as you wish. With lots of practice, you don't even need to read the instructions for each part because it doesn't change. You'll know how you need to answer each PAT section like the back of your hand

Ok so the instructions never change from DAT to DAT? Like for example, for the angles sections, it's always smallest angle to biggest? They never switch it up and ask for biggest angle to smallest?

2 minutes ago, Future(D)MD-QC said:

Ok so the instructions never change from DAT to DAT? Like for example, for the angles sections, it's always smallest angle to biggest? They never switch it up and ask for biggest angle to smallest?

I can't remember if I've seen that switched, but I mean the sections will always be the same: Keyhole, TFE, Angles, Hole punch, cube count and pattern fold. Obviously be careful on what the question is asking you, because it will be very clear for angles (smallest->largest or largest->smallest) or cube count (how many sides you're looking for). You don't have to read the instructions religiously anticipating there's a trick and the sections are different 

21 minutes ago, longhaul said:

I can't remember if I've seen that switched, but I mean the sections will always be the same: Keyhole, TFE, Angles, Hole punch, cube count and pattern fold. Obviously be careful on what the question is asking you, because it will be very clear for angles (smallest->largest or largest->smallest) or cube count (how many sides you're looking for). You don't have to read the instructions religiously anticipating there's a trick and the sections are different 

Perfect, that's what I wanted to hear. Thanks for your answers!

Archived