Premed 101 Forums

whooohooo, THE THICKVELOPE IS HERE!

Guest Namgalsip

Guest Namgalsip

Hey all,

I got my thickvelope this morning...Yippy!

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Now it's decision time.

Grandmellon and VW, I have no idea what could have happened. I wish you two could be my classmates! Mac doesn't know what they're giving up.

Good luck to everyone else!

Nams

p.s. I started this new thread and didn't post under the "Hamilton news" thread b/c I'm not from Hamilton :\

Guest grandmellon

NAMS!!!!!!!!!!!!! THATS AMAZING!

CONGRATULATIONS AGAIN!!!!!

WAY to go... you must be ecstatic! Now you have one of the most difficult decisions to make hehehe. Wanna pass on one of your acceptances over here? ;) haha I wish! hehe

I knew you could do it!

Guest MA2003

Hi,

I received my beautiful big brown envelope this morning. Nams, I see that you also were accepted at Ottawa - so was I. (I only applied to Mac and U of O).

:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

Guest PDSP

Nams!!

Holy smokes.... Ottawa? Hamilton? Ottawa? Hamilton? ....

this could go on for a while.

Congratulations. Hey, aren't you supposed to be at work?

PD

Guest Namgalsip

PDSP,

I waited for the mail today before going to work. I went outside every 2 minutes to see if it came.

Acutally it's Ottawa? Hamilton? Kingston? Ottawa? Hamilton? Kingston? Ottawa? Hamilton? Kingston? (Torotnto? Haven't found out yet).

What's the news with you?

Nams

Guest stargirl

Nams,

Way to go!! You scored big time!!

What's your secret?? Ha ha - just kidding...like I said in another post, it's hard to detect good luck...it looks so much like something you've earned! And it's obvious from your windfall that you've earned this bigtime!

And the best part is that you are going to make at least two people ecstatic when you decline your acceptance at those schools and they are accepted in off the waitlist...so it's a win-win for all!! That's super awesome!

stargirl

Guest Namgalsip

Thank you stargirl,

Your post was very kind. I just wanted to encourage you to NOT give up. If it doesn't happen this time around, it WILL in the future.

This was my 3rd time applying to Mac. 1st time rejected post interview, 2nd rejected pre-interview!

So don't give up hope. Your thickvelope will come.

Nams

Guest stargirl

mine too (3rd time) - same as you (same order too)...rejected post-interview, rejected pre-interview, ???secondary waitlist??? - maybe we are virtual twins...my problem seems to be that i suffer from horrible interview phobia which causes mental shutdown and inability to communicate in a coherent manner...but if we ARE virtual twins then I am DESTINED to get a phone call - ha ha!

i've been accepted to u of t for their accelerated (2 year) nursing program and so if meds doesn't pan out this year, it is off to nursing i go...but i will keep trying, you betcha...meds is my lifelong dream!

btw, what's your first choice?

stargirl

Guest Namgalsip

Hey Stargirl,

I know how you feel. I was pretty nervous about the interview as well but I think all those practice sessions were a HUGE help. Ask PDSP what I mess I was the first time we got together for practice.

I'm glad to hear you have an excellent backup but don't give up on meds if it's what you really want. I know that if you stick with it, you'll get it.

And you never know...you might just get a call sometime this summer with some really big news :P .

Nams

Guest grandmellon

Time to do the cha-cha dance! :rollin

I would like to add further to what stargirl said... that you are actually a good motivating force for me because I saw how diligent and determined you were... and it worked out in the end! BIG TIME!

Way to go

Guest doctorfunk

Congrats Nam and MA2003!!!!

I am one lucky SOB because I got accepted at Mac too!!!! I hope I don't have a heart attack...

p.s. Nams: I forgot to mention this, but I think we were in the same group tutorial at Mac...

Guest grandmellon

WOW Congratulations Doctorfunk and MA2003! You have finally crossed the finish line! Now sit back and enjoy! :rollin Way to go

Guest scalar

Holy @#%$!!!!!

I can't believe it, I'm in from T. dot :)

After 12 tries dammit, it's time for a party

:hat :o :eek :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin :smokin

Guest Lynlloyd

Nams,

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

I hope we're class-mates in the fall!!

You have some decisions to make!!

What a great feeling for you to have soooo many offers.

Lynlloyd!!

Guest VwDubber

Hey Nams, ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;)

I'm sooo happy FOR YOU. You sure won the Med school admissions lottery! YOU ROCK!

Enjoy your LAST SUMMER BEFORE MEDSCHOOL!

VDub- :P

Archived