Premed 101 Forums

Envelope details

Guest MA2003

Guest MA2003

Hi all,

Not to be overly neurotic :lol but can those who received the good waitlist letter let us know whether it was in a big or regular envelope? I know someone already posted that their waitlist letter came in a thin envelope, but it's not clear whether that's primary or secondary list.

Thanks!

Hang in there, everyone!!

Guest Mikey59

Where did you hear that there are "good" and "bad" waitlists?

Mine (One piece of paper in a thin white envelope) simply said I was waitlisted, we are ranked, and that they will phone people as spots come open.

Guest aneliz

There is a letter that says something about being on a 'secondary list' and that you won't be called until the 'primary list' has been exhausted....

There is a thread about it on this forum...think it might be called something like 'second waitlist'....

Good luck!

Guest stargirl

not that i've gotten either of these letters yet, nor an acceptance for that matter...but it seems to me that if they didn't refer to the secondary wait list...i.e. that you were on it...then i would assume that telling you that you were waitlisted would mean that you were on the primary waitlist...just my penny's worth...anyone else agree / disagree?

Guest shelleyrn

hey stargirl...I agree with you. Vwdubber received the secondary waitlist letter and there is a thread somewhere with the complete text of that letter that V'dub graciously typed into the forum.....good luck everyone...Shelley:D

Guest shelleyrn

As copied into forum by VwDubber:

Hey Everyone,

This has got to be one of the worse days I have had in a long time. My mom calls me this morning to tell me that a relative on my dad's side of the family has passed away and their funeral is next Sat. However, it's out of town so we have to leave on Friday which means I won't be able to make the get together on the 6th. I ask her if anything has arrived ... she says no.

Then I drive from Guelph to Toronto (cuz I have a baptism to attend this weekend) .... and notice we have mail in our mailbox. Flip through it and see the dreaded THIN WHITE ENVELOPE from Mac ... so .... I think to myself ... ok .. no biggie, I got rejected but it's okay.

I go to open it and here is what it says:

Our selection process for the McMaster Undergraduate Medical Class for 2003 has now been completed.

Although you are not among the 138 to receive an offer of admission at this time, nor on the primary waiting list, you have been placed on a secondary list. This secondary waiting list would only be utilized should there be a sufficient number of declined offers amongst applicants offered admission to exhaust the primary waiting list. Please be assured that we will call you immediately if a space becomes available. However, you should note that if you have already accepted an offer at another Ontario university and an opening becomes available at McMaster, you will not receive an offer from us.

Anyone offered admission from the secondary waiting list is not eligible to apply for deferred registration.

Should a position become available, we will use the telephone number(s) and address(es) provided in your application. If your address and/or telephone number have been changed, please inform this office.

Good luck in the competition for an offer to Medical School.

Sincerely,

End of letter---

Guest CLYL

Hi guys,

i was confused over the whole "secondary wait list" as it was not even mentioned in my letter...but having seen the contents of VwDubber's letter, i guess Mac has introduced a secondary wait list this year...

for those interested, here's what my letter said:

Our selection process for the McMaster Undergraduate Medical Class for 2003 has now been completed. Although you are not among the 138 to receive an offer of admission at this time, your name has been placed on the Wait List. In the event that applicants who were offered admission do not accept, we will make offers on a rolling basis, in rank order, to those on the Wait List. Please be assured that we will call you immediately if a space becomes available. However, you should note that if you have already accepted an offer at another Ontario university, or if your provisional acceptance becomes firm on July 3rd at another university and an opening becomes available at McMaster, you will not receive an offer from us.

Anyone offered admission from the Wait List is not eligible to apply for deferred registration....etc.

this "primary wait list"(?) letter came in a white regular thin envelope...i hope that clarifies some of the confusion!

Archived