Premed 101 Forums

Waitlisted at Mac

Guest Mikey59

Guest Mikey59

Just got my waitlist letter today from Mac. I guess its still "chin up" as the saying goes, I feel fortunate to have even interviewed there :)

Can any current students shed some more light on the typical waitlist happenings? Does anyone know how many were waitlisted for the class of 2005, and how many of those made it through?

For you fellow waitlistees, here is an interesting thread from the last application cycle: (Hopefully this thread I've started can serve a similar purpose for this year's students).

pub125.ezboard.com/fpreme...=139.topic

Guest jmh2005

Hang in there!!!

I can honestly say that the waitlist at Mac moves. I would guess more than half my class got in off the waitlist (unscientfic polling...)...

The waitlist will move initally after the 1st round acceptances are accepted or declined (in about 2-2.5 weeks). The list will move again in very early July when provisional acceptances become firm. The list will move again in mid-late July after these two sets of offers have been rejected/accepted.

Many people who are on the Mac waitlist probably got outright offers elsewhere. If they accept another university, as of mid-June, they will be off Mac's waitlist immediately, so you lose people ahead of you with both offers and waitlist spots (do you know what I mean??).

I know of one person who got an offer in O-week and had 24 hours to decide (can you believe that several people just didn't show up on day one...there were actually a few???)...

So, please do not dispair...if you got a 1st group waitlist letter (sorry, I don't know anything about the '2nd waitlist', you will likely get a spot...it just means more waiting, which is really difficult, but if in the end it means you get in, you'll be happier than if you were rejected outright.

I wish you all the best. Hang on just a bit longer...

I know, easier said then done...

Take care.

Archived