Premed 101 Forums

Countdown

Guest MA2003

Guest MA2003

Hey all,

Not to obsess or anything ;) but I am a little confused about EXACTLY when we will hear from Mac. I know that May 30 is the big day, but will they MAIL them out on the 30th (meaning that we won't get them until the following week), or will they mail them out a day or two earlier so we RECEIVE them on the 30th on the nose? The reason I am so confused is that I know that Mac's replies are not sent special delivery/express, while some other schools' are, so those schools' replies arrive in your mailbox on Friday.

Hang in there, everyone! :rollin

Guest jmh2005

It really depends on where you live...sometimes they send them out a day or two before the "last working day in May" (post-marked) and some people did receive them on the Friday, May 31st (which was the last working day in May last year)...I didn't get mine until the following Tuesday, June 4th (I live only 20 mins east of Hamilton!) ....I just checked my package from last year, it was post marked May 29th (the Wednesday last year...so SLOW, I still don't get that one...???)...that weekend was painful...

Just don't hold your breath on the 30th is basically what I'm saying...sorry I don't have better news, but I guess it's better to be informed than to be really disappointed for the whole weekend thinking you didn't get in (what happened to me...)...I really think at that point things are totally dependent on Canada Post...I don't know why something post marked on a Wednesday took 6 days to get to me in Oakville....

I just kept tell myself that I have waited a long time for this and 2 or 3 more days wasn't going to kill me (and it won't, despite feeling like that...)...all this cognitive-behavioural talk did help...hang in there and good luck to all!!

Guest macMDstudent

Mine did arrive on Friday May 31st last year. Just as I was leaving to play golf, the postal carrier was approaching my house. I thought, "Nahh, it wouldn't come today." After 9 holes of second guessing myself, I came home and sure enough when I got home there was the package!

It just depends on the mail delivery to where you are, but I would assume that they were all mailed at the same time. It's just regular mail delivery not express or anything.

Guest peachy

Wow, that's some serious self-control, macMDstudent!! :)

The day that my letter from U of T came, I had made a special detour on my way somewhere else just to check the mail... It was out of the way, but I knew I'd be wondering all day if it was going to come if I didn't go check. ;)

Guest everyoneloveschem

Do any of you have designated mail openers, in case you aren't there when the mail comes? I'm torn between wanting my mom to call me and wanting it to be a surprise. I'm sure if she called me and told me there was an envelope at home I'd cave in and let her open it. :) :) :)

Guest peachy

I opened mine myself because I was the one who happened to get that mail ... but my father was disappointed that he didn't get to open it :)

Come on, give your parents a thrill! :)

Guest MA2003

As for opening envelopes, the size is a dead giveaway...I've already told my family "Big-good; small-bad," so even if they don't open it they'll know whether or not it's a flat-out rejection.

Guest k8termd

I was away when we were supposed to hear last year so I had instructed my mother to read me the letter over the phone... but I told her I did not want her to open it until I was actually on the phone with her. Well, when it came it was a big envelope and she couldn't resist. By the time she got in touch with me she had been all over town with the acceptance letter showing it to my family. How cute...:lol

Good luck everyone!

P.S. I am from the London area and I didn't hear until the monday (June 3)

Guest everyoneloveschem

Ha, if I told my mom she could open it and it was good news, by the time I got home, my entire extended family across Canada would know befor me (you know how parents can be with boasting rights;) ).

Guest gucio93

Hey MA2003! I don't want to dampen the great spirit out there, but just wanted to point out that the waitlist letters also come in big envelopes . . . some people were disappointed last year. Hope you receive good news.

Guest MA2003

Thanks, gucio93! I know about the waitlist envelope too...that was why when I received my interview invite to Mac, I was too freaked out to open the envelope--I feared that it would be an interview waitlist letter (which also came in big envelopes!) Getting on the waiting list would certainly be stressful, but at least I'd be one step closer...

TWO WEEKS!!!

Guest MacMedPlease

For those of you who are counting down the days like me......

I phoned Mac admissions today to ask exactly when we will receive our letters. They said that this year, the letters will be put in the mail on Friday May 30th.....therefore we will not hear until early June. :b

Guest grandmellon

talk about procrastination on Mac's part eh? Waiting til the absolute last day to send them out!!!! :rollin just as long as they come before I go to africa june 19.

Archived