Premed 101 Forums

July 3rd call??

Guest kb

Guest bubbagump

I didn't get a call today. Is there a reason why you are expecting the unexpected this week? I'm trying not to think about it, in the hopes that will impress the gods above and a message will appear on my machine.

Guest docR

Hi guys!

Haven't heard anything yet. Not too hopeful right now but I still keep hoping. I'm sure you can all relate....It's actually alot of work to not think about it so I'm throwing myself into my work these days. I figure it will take a day or two after the 3rd before anyone is contacted and remember that the people offered spots from the waitlist already had to respond to OMSAS by the 28th so there may a day or so lag time before MAC may start calling people....just hoping.... Hang in there!

docR

Guest bubbagump

In a moment of frustration I called the admissions office (again) to see if they had filled the 128 spots yet. They said no, it is still moving due to some recent declines but they weren't specific. But interestingly, they also mentioned that the deferral committee is getting together soon to see how many deferrals they will allow. Any of these should open up spots. And of course the added seats (probably in August?) are a source of hope in a time of despair.

Guest sydney

Thanks Bubbagump for calling today...I had been thinking along the same lines, but was worried about what they might say! You'd think that there would have been something today or tommorow perhaps???. So much for the thought that if you are on the wait list it is a "good as a yes at McMaster". Really appreciate the update...I'm still holding out for the hope of a class of 140!

Syd

Guest MDWannabe

I too appreciate your work, Bubba! It really is nice having you guys out here; people who really understand the agony of this wait. Misery really does love company! On the other hand, it doesn't seem as though the list is moving much. You get the impression that all of us and the other Wait Listers are depending on those 10 extra spots in August. I would have felt better if some of you guys were called off the list in the interim.

Does all this waiting build character? At least we should have that to show for all this pain :D !

Archived