Premed 101 Forums

Words of support and encouragement

It's that time of the year again where we can hear the echos of tearful joy or sorrow spread across the country as MD admission decisions get released. 

It's also common for those who's facing the pangs of disappointment from a rejection to ask why... why was I not good enough? why did I fail? 

It's hard to see it right now, but a rejection is not a reflection of your worth as a human nor a measure of your integrity as a person. The admissions process just another set of criteria that can be overcome with time. 

Having been rejected once before narrowly achieving my acceptance (my story is buried somewhere in the non-trad success forums) I can definitely relate to the pangs of guilt, disappointment, and frustration from a rejection letter. However, it gave me the opportunity for great introspection and self-improvement. Now having succeeded in getting into medical school, I can confidently say I am a better person and will be a better doctor now than if I had gotten in right away. 

In general, it's not a question of why... simply a matter of when.

If anyone would like to talk I'm more than happy to provide what support I can. Otherwise hang in there and know that there's support for you somewhere out there. 

As always ... best wishes to everyone, 

- G 

Archived