Premed 101 Forums

acceptance\rejection letters

Guest nonce

Guest nonce

When are these being sent? My buddy got his on monday....its now wed, and i still havent heard.....im in europe right now, and its hard not to think about this letter.....do all the letters get sent at one time?.....is it possible for all the acceptances to be notified first, and then the rejections....or would all local letters be sent together,......im starting to get a little worried now.

I would think that everyone would get the letters at the same time if htey were mailed together....have some people already recieved rejections?

Guest saskmedman

Hey nonce,

Dont' worry about it. I'm sure they must send them all at once, but of course it takes different amounts of time for things to get to different parts of the province/country. Just hang in there and your letter will arrive. And if you get waitlisted, I would still feel good about my chances of getting in. I know many people who were waitlisted and still got in, and I am one of them.

hey everyone

hmmm... it's been another day and i haven't received anything yet.. I was wondering if anyone else has heard from the school yet?

Thanks

Guest Insomniac01

Goku,

I know of one more person that hasn't recieved his letter as of yesterday (thurs). I will ask the med office today whether or not all the letters have been mailed out and then let you know.

Guest Insomniac01

Hey Goku,

I talked to the ladies in the med office and they said that all the letters were sent out together, but they might not have been "sorted together" at the post office (not sure what that means). Regardless, she said that most people should have recieved their letters by yesterday and the remainder should definately get them today. If you don't get it today either then why don't you just give the med office a call and let them know. I know it must be frustating, but hang in there.

I don't want to make anyone more anxious, but in my letter the admissions office requested that I confirm my decision by June 27th. I think that if you haven't recieved your letter by this week you should probably give the admission office a call to tell them that, so they continue to hold your spot for you.

Hello

Well, it still hasn't come yet. But i did contact them... essentially they said that all of the out-of-province applicants who have not been contacted to date are, essentially, on a waiting list until all of the

positions have been filled. Currently, two out-of-province out of a possible six applicants have accepted.

Well .. that means more waiting. |I

Guest goku

hey everyone

does any of the moderators know how the wait list was structured last year? did a lot of OOP students get off the wait list and did all 6 spots get filled by OOP or did they start to fill them with in province students?

thanks

Guest kosmo14

As far as I know all the OOP spots got filled by OOP people. It is not uncommon for them to go pretty deep into the waitlist before all of the spots are filled.

Guest goku

hello again

The school didn't tell me my ranking for the wait list or any other information? Does anyone know how many OOP applicants were put on the wait list? Or do they keep all of them on wait list (no rejection until spots are filled?)

Thanks

Guest Insomniac01

My feeling is that they do not reject OOP applicants that were interviewed until all OOP spots have been filled. I do know that last year the admissions committee had to dig deep into the wait list and in some other years they even had to fill some OOP spots with in-prov applicants. So, if you're on the waiting list, I would say you still have a fairly good shot of getting in.

Best of luck!

Guest saskmedman

I'll add that one fellow in my year was told he was accepted only one day before the first day of orientation. Not to say that you should put all plans on hold for that long, but I would say being waitlisted gives you an extremely good chance of making it still. Just stay calm everyone! I know it's insanely hard to do, but just take deep breaths and all will work out for the best.

Rod

Guest kosmo14

congrats, we will see you in the fall. If you need a microscope I have a good one for sale (with the inspection sheet), email me if you need it.

Guest saskmedman

Hey Goku,

I got that phone call too two years ago, the most memorable phone call you'll probably ever get. I remember I had a job at an old-folks home where I was on call and the phone started ringing one morning. I was in bed and didn't feel like working that day so I stayed in bed, but the phone kept ringing. I finally answered and the voice on the other line said "Hi, this is Heather from the college of Medicine..." As soon as I hung up I was flying around the house screaming. Congrats again.

I'd like to refer you to the thread "So you got in. Now what?" for some great deals and to post any questions you have about preparing. Also, post your name so we know who you are in the fall. I'll be at your orientation so I'll definitely hunt you down to shake your hand. Welcome to the club!

Rod

Archived