Premed 101 Forums

Quebec Student Thinking About 2018 Admission (Mcat?)

Hi guys,

I am a Quebec student currently studying at McGill and I would like to see if anyone has a similar path to mine in applying to UOttawa med. From what I understand, applicants in Quebec have to take an additional 2 semester-long chemistry courses equivalent to biochem (unless we're in a biochem degree in uni which would already include that)

Also, what is going on with the MCAT? Is it now a requirement for UOttawa if I choose to apply next year?

Thanks for the info!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I can also confirm, and I can personally assure you as I assume a function that has a say over this, that the MCAT will not be part of the admissions process whatsoever for the french stream.

Although I would like to say the same for English stream folks, the faculty of Law does require the LSAT for solely the English applicants and hence this same principle could be used as an argument by the new Vice-Dean Admissions if she were to apply it for Med applicants.

Good luck!

Mr Duck

I can also confirm, and I can personally assure you as I assume a function that has a say over this, that the MCAT will not be part of the admissions process whatsoever for the french stream.

Although I would like to say the same for English stream folks, the faculty of Law does require the LSAT for solely the English applicants and hence this same principle could be used as an argument by the new Vice-Dean Admissions if she were to apply it for Med applicants.

Good luck!

Mr Duck

yeah adding the mcat would be simply incompatible with the school's philosophy. It also would be simply a horrible test for Ottawa considering the language barrier. The only way I would ever  see that being added is if they also added the France equivalent (which would be interesting). 

• 1 month later...

Jm8888 you cannot apply to Ottawa Med because they don't recognize professional degree programs (PT) as undergraduate degrees. Since you went directly from cegep to PT, you technically don't have an "undergraduate" degree. I would love for you to prove me wrong, but I'm pretty sure about this info. 

Archived