Premed 101 Forums

Number Of Total Offers Made?

I don't remember where, but there is a resource that tells you how many people were offered and turned it down, so if you add that number to 204, you get the total number of offers. Also keep in mind though that the waitlist gets smaller as people are accepted to other places and remove themselves from the Mac waitlist. 

https://afmc.ca/sites/default/files/documents/en/Publications/Admission_Requirements_en.pdf

Pg. 36

2015/2016: 206 offered and registered, 4 offer deferred, 126 offer declined

Interesting, thank you. This also begs the question... in what circumstances can you defer an acceptance? I didn't think this was ever allowed (in Canada).

Interesting, thank you. This also begs the question... in what circumstances can you defer an acceptance? I didn't think this was ever allowed (in Canada).

The opportunity to request for deferral exists, but it is definitely not common.

Usually the circumstances are related to terminal illness of an immediate family member, acute illness, traumatic event resulting in possible PTSD, sudden unexpected death of an immediate family member. But generally, from what I understand, deferring is really reserved for the unexpected circumstances in one's life.

Archived