Premed 101 Forums

Beartracks Status

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have you sent your up-to-date transcripts? Remember that the registrar's requirements and the med school's decision are, in this case, two separate things. If there's anything considered initiated (aka pending), it'll still say in review I think. Hope it helps!

EDIT: If you could, please keep us posted about your status if you don't think it has anything to do with pending documents. It could very well be that they are still finishing things up, perhaps. Does it add up alphabetically (does your surname start with one of the last letters)?

You're alright! Just send the official transcripts from your university's website right now :D As I mentioned before, admissions will give you an offer that is conditional upon you meeting the registrar's requirements! I just fulfilled a requirement the other day, and my application, which showed THIS APPLICATION REQUIRES ACTION, now shows that it is complete. You've got nothing to worry about just yet!

Mine says pending review.

Still waiting to get my marks back on 2 different courses.

I think 'application requires action' are for those people that are not u of a student that needs to send in their transcript.

Ok...feeling a little better.  I am from U of C.  Apparently U of A can access our transcripts through UAlberta.

I had a transcript pending and I also had a language requirement that they took up to now to verify (needed six years of high school and university in Canada because I was born outside of Canada). Dont hesitate to call the office of the registrar if you're wondering about what's missing!

This is what I found on U of A website.

Everyone who is applying from U Of A, don't panic because it says application pending.

Pending Review: Indicates that the application has been received by the University of Alberta. The application needs to be reviewed before determining what documents, if any, are required to complete the application. Applicants should check back for updates to the To-Do List. Internal transfer applicants should be aware that although further documentation may not be required, the application status will remain as Pending Review until an admission decision has been made.

Since the due date for final transcripts is not until June 15th, can we not wait until decisions come out before sending out final transcripts?

My final grades only came out yesterday, but if I don't get an offer (hopefully not the case!), I am assuming they don't need my final transcripts... 

Or is this silly logic and I should send them regardless? 

Archived