Premed 101 Forums

Activities/employment with no verifiers other than family

Hey - I have some activities I have done that I am unable to get non-family members to verify for the following reasons:

- I wasn't entered into the employment system by the franchisee for whom I worked and I have no idea who that person is anymore (this is from like, early-mid 2000's)
- The company doesn't exist anymore
- The company destroys files every 5 years and incorporated all franchises and I have no idea who my boss was from then (early 2000's)

Do I included these activities or employment things and list a family member or do I omit them completely? I include in the clarification that the company either doesn't exist, destroys files, or doesn't have records (pretty shady actually). 

Thanks in advance everyone!

Edit to add: I have always included these activities/employment and have received 2 consecutive interviews. Just not sure if it red flags me??

33 minutes ago, clever_smart_boy_like_me said:

Hey - I have some activities I have done that I am unable to get non-family members to verify for the following reasons:

- I wasn't entered into the employment system by the franchisee for whom I worked and I have no idea who that person is anymore (this is from like, early-mid 2000's)
- The company doesn't exist anymore
- The company destroys files every 5 years and incorporated all franchises and I have no idea who my boss was from then (early 2000's)

Do I included these activities or employment things and list a family member or do I omit them completely? I include in the clarification that the company either doesn't exist, destroys files, or doesn't have records (pretty shady actually). 

Thanks in advance everyone!

Edit to add: I have always included these activities/employment and have received 2 consecutive interviews. Just not sure if it red flags me??

I think it’s probably fine given your explanations. As long as you’re largely using good verifiers for most things, I don’t think they’ll flag a few with family / friends for good reasons. You might just want to spread it around a little bit instead of choosing the same person for all of them?

I used family members / friends for at least 8 things on my application that were quite old, or I’d lost touch with the relevant people, or because they were personal activities, and it didn’t hurt me.

Archived