Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Kira interview

Last year was the first year I believe Mac went to Kira interviews, so in terms of "prep" resources I am not really sure what is available however this is how I prepared for the interview last year: 

- practiced in a small group setting asking typical MMI Qs (can be found just through google searches) 

- became familiar with how the system worked i.e going into it before the interview and doing the practice Qs (the content is not relevant but gets you familiar with how it works) 

- Reviewed Mac Physio web page to get an idea of what they are looking for i.e core values etc as well as talked with current Mac students

I am currently in year 1 so if anyone has any Qs about the new curriculum feel free to message me! Good luck! 

On 2/22/2019 at 11:05 AM, HK2018 said:

Last year was the first year I believe Mac went to Kira interviews, so in terms of "prep" resources I am not really sure what is available however this is how I prepared for the interview last year: 

- practiced in a small group setting asking typical MMI Qs (can be found just through google searches) 

- became familiar with how the system worked i.e going into it before the interview and doing the practice Qs (the content is not relevant but gets you familiar with how it works) 

- Reviewed Mac Physio web page to get an idea of what they are looking for i.e core values etc as well as talked with current Mac students

I am currently in year 1 so if anyone has any Qs about the new curriculum feel free to message me! Good luck! 

Would you say that the Kira interview asked MMI type questions? And did you feel like the time limit was enough to process the question and state your answer? I'm preparing for the UBC MMI interview right now and I hope that's enough prep for Kira.

12 hours ago, kin111 said:

Would you say that the Kira interview asked MMI type questions? And did you feel like the time limit was enough to process the question and state your answer? I'm preparing for the UBC MMI interview right now and I hope that's enough prep for Kira.

Kira is meant to replace students traveling to Mac to do the MMI so I would say that the style of questions would be very similar. In terms of time to process, its not  a lot of time but they are really trying to see how you think on your feet (just like any interview). Good luck!

• 11 months later...