Premed 101 Forums

Accurate MCCQE1 practice test?

• 2 weeks later...

I took one MCQ and one CDM practice test and found them to be similar to the real thing in terms of style and content. As far as how predictive they are, it's hard to say; the results are displayed as how many questions you scored correctly for each tested competency and in total, without giving you an idea of how other people did or how your score would correlate to actual scores.

1 hour ago, adrenergic24 said:

I took one MCQ and one CDM practice test and found them to be similar to the real thing in terms of style and content. As far as how predictive they are, it's hard to say; the results are displayed as how many questions you scored correctly for each tested competency and in total, without giving you an idea of how other people did or how your score would correlate to actual scores.

It does not matter how other people do - as long as you get a 226/400 you pass. With the mean set at 250, you have to do slightly better than under 1 SD from the mean. Basically, don't fret, you'll be fine.

9 hours ago, adrenergic24 said:

which ones did you take? and what % correct would you say would be optimal?

10 hours ago, ecobeco said:

It does not matter how other people do - as long as you get a 226/400 you pass. With the mean set at 250, you have to do slightly better than under 1 SD from the mean. Basically, don't fret, you'll be fine.

IIRC its not marked that way...like one correct questions does not equal one point. But I could be wrong. 

2 hours ago, medigeek said:

which ones did you take? and what % correct would you say would be optimal?

I just took the first of each. I got like 78-80/100 correct on the first one and 24-26/30 on the CDM. Ended up with 27X on the real deal.

Archived