Premed 101 Forums

Looking for summer student

Hi there,

We are looking for a summer student to volunteer to help a company headed by several physicians with a medical course that is being currently developed.

We need someone with strong skills in editing, research and publication. Specifically, the job requires

editing of powerpoint slides, assisting in obtaining copyright permission, and helping with referencing. 

Please apply to Anastasia.knyazev@gmail.com. Please send your cv/resume with subject "MEDICAL COURSE SUMMER JOB"

Hi OP,

I'm so glad you posted here, it just so happens that I am looking for a company in the medical field to give me a donation/scholarship to help fund my education. 

I need a donation or scholarship from a company with a strong reputation that will look good on my CV. This will help your company develop skills in good corporate citizenship.

Specifically, I need funds to help cover tuition and general educational expenses, as well as funds for travel to conferences and new clothes.  I also need money for more nutritious food and I could use some new shoes and a new laptop. Please send me a PM with the subject "DONATION TO TULLIUS EDUCATION FUND" and then I will give you my email so you can send an email money transfer.

Suggested donation: $7000 (I estimate this is what you save by not paying summer students).

MMI Scenario #3:

You have a physician friend who alongside other physicians started a company looking to develop medical courses. Your friend has admitted that they do not have much skill in terms of grammar, editing, and polishing PowerPoints. He said "not to worry lads, there's an untapped reservoir of premeds all looking to add something juicy to their CV. We can hire them for free because what other choice do they have! In fact, we can sit around and do nothing while they rummage through a textbook/papers and create the PowerPoints for us while we do nothing except collect the cheque!"

You have decided to meet with your friend, enter the room and talk to him.  

2 hours ago, waifu4laifu said:

MMI Scenario #3:

You have a physician friend who alongside other physicians started a company looking to develop medical courses. Your friend has admitted that they do not have much skill in terms of grammar, editing, and polishing PowerPoints. He said "not to worry lads, there's an untapped reservoir of premeds all looking to add something juicy to their CV. We can hire them for free because what other choice do they have! In fact, we can sit around and do nothing while they rummage through a textbook/papers and create the PowerPoints for us while we do nothing except collect the cheque!"

Lmao

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/9/2019 at 1:48 PM, waifu4laifu said:

MMI Scenario #3:

I don't want to jump to any conclusions so I would have to gather and clarify some information first before making a decision. First, I would have to consider and learn about the pros and cons of applying to this position. I would also ask what options this friend had considered. After listening to the merits of why my friend would want to join this company, I would have to respect his ultimate decision. However, I would inform him of possible alternatives that might aid him in achieving his goals such as paid research positions, volunteer clinical trials or a masters program. If after being informed, he still wishes to join the company, I would support him and ask him to follow-up with me later to see if the plan forward should be reconsidered once he has further pursued his decision.

^Plz rate and give me feedback.

Archived