Premed 101 Forums

General post-interview chances and waitlist movement

Hi everyone!

As we wait for May 14th :unsure: I was hoping to get more of a feel for how things often play out post-interview at various schools. I was lucky to get three interviews this cycle (Toronto, Mac, Western) but after being rejected post-interview at UofT last year (3rd year) I have some doubts about my abilities to be a strong interviewee. I felt that two of my interviews went reasonably well and the other pretty meh. How do these schools compare to others in Ontario for waitlist movement (e.g. I've heard Ottawa waitlist moves a lot)?

In your opinion, is there a school in Ontario with the "best" post-interview chances, or one that ranks the interview with less importance? Would love to hear from anyone in a similar situation or with more insight on the post-interview process of these schools to better assess post-interview chances. Even if its useless at this point, it's kind of fun. Thanks so much!

There's a link to a document on here somewhere that breaks down the total number of interviewees given offers of admission (i.e. people who accept their offer and people who reject for another school). I'm not sure of the exact numbers for all of the schools but both Western and Mac give offers to close to 60% of their interviewees, whereas as Ottawa gives offers to ~45%. 

For Western it's about 80% for SWOMEN and 50% for non-SWOMEN post-interview.

Stats can be found here, though not all schools list how many students declined their acceptance so for some of them it's impossible to infer waitlist movement.

http://uoitdcpremed.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/2018-AdmissionRequirements_en.pdf

6 hours ago, ysera said:

For Western it's about 80% for SWOMEN and 50% for non-SWOMEN post-interview.

Stats can be found here, though not all schools list how many students declined their acceptance so for some of them it's impossible to infer waitlist movement.

http://uoitdcpremed.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/2018-AdmissionRequirements_en.pdf

Where did the 80% come from, the dean reports?

1 hour ago, Pakoon said:

Where did the 80% come from, the dean reports?

Ya the Deans reports say how many SWOMEN were invited for interview and how many were accepted. Through the Deans report doesn't include SWOMEN that were accepted after waitlist, so the number is anywhere from 70-80%, most likely closer to 80 than 70. 

SWOMEN have the biggest IP advantage in all of Canada and probably one of the highest in North America for any school. I think it's kind of BS but that's neither here nor there.