Premed 101 Forums

Should I be worried?

dduk

I graduated in 2017 with a BSc and have been applying to medical schools for the past 3 years. This year will mark my fourth time applying. I was fortunate enough to receive an interview at UBC last year (barely met the cutoff as an IP), but I can't help feel uncertain about if I will receive another interview this year or not. I spend most of my time working part-time and volunteering (25-30 hours per week). I was enrolled in a course in Spring 2019 as well. This year, I plan to use my down-time to re-write the MCAT. I guess I am worried that I am not spending enough time doing activities, considering how some people work full-time or are full-time students and do more activities on top of that. Should I be doing more stuff? 

Just FYI

MCAT: 512 (129,126,128,129) - 2017

GPA: 3.94

EC's: Good enough to barely meet the cutoff as an IP at UBC.

Reference Letters: I am assuming that my academic reference is probably getting weaker ever year because of time, my other two letters are average I guess (hard to tell).