Premed 101 Forums

March 28/29th interviews are now officially virtual

Do you guys think Western might outright cancel interviews? Queens' email was pretty definite about having the interviews online but Western basically said it's subject to change as they monitor what's going on. Just wondering if we might get to a point where doctors can't be spared to take time off to interview us when they could be helping people in hospitals

On 3/15/2020 at 6:50 PM, anon98 said:

Do you guys think Western might outright cancel interviews? Queens' email was pretty definite about having the interviews online but Western basically said it's subject to change as they monitor what's going on. Just wondering if we might get to a point where doctors can't be spared to take time off to interview us when they could be helping people in hospitals

Given that half of the cohort has already been through the interview, I think Western is taking the right approach by not canceling the interview outright. But yeah, there is a good reason that community spread of the COVID-19 virus (SARS-CoV-2) is expected in London. I would expect that at some point during an outbreak the system here will be pushed near the limit and if that happens before the interview weekend, I feel like interviews will for sure be cancelled for the reason that you mentioned. I don't want to make any predictions about the likelihood of that happening, but you can find some more information here: https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(20)30144-4/fulltext