Premed 101 Forums

Vaccinations

As per the McGill Medicine Admissions website: "We are aware that healthcare providers are not taking appointments and we understand that there may be delays with immunization."

(https://www.mcgill.ca/medadmissions/newstudents/conditions/immu-blsc)

I anticipate that we should be hearing news soon about the immunization/BCLS requirements given the unprecedented COVID situation in Montreal. 

To be a little blunt here, McGill does not live with its head under a rock (for the most part). They are very much aware that no family physician in their right mind would be doing anything but emergency care and virtual consultations. Their own student health centre, where they recommend you get vaccinated because the nurses there know how to fill in the forms, is closed until further notice. McGill hasn't even released the vaccination form for 2020! I suspect that this is to avoid students panicking over trying to get vaccinated, but judging by the number of forum posts about vaccinations, it clearly has failed...

Although it's annoying that we cannot completely clear the requirements on the minerva checklist, I think we all need to take a step back, a deep breath, and wait for McGill to communicate their expectations going forward. In your admission letter, they acknowledged the impact of COVID-19 on admissions. They are probably waiting to see how things pan out a little more before changing their guidelines. It's better that they leave the default, and change their requirements once, than change their minds every other week depending on which way the COVID wind blows.