Premed 101 Forums

UofT MAM vs Western

Hey, I have basically the same choices. I’ve been talking to U of T students and seen that there’s some sacrifice by being at StG versus MAM (my first choice would’ve been StG for sure). I’m using the opportunities, lifestyle in Sauga vs London, and distance from home to decide. Also, you can live in either downtown Toronto or Mississauga when you go to MAM, depends on how much you want to commute 

That's a tough one! You should consider how close each are to home (if that matters to you), which relationships you can keep at which school etc. The big kicker here is that you'll be at MAM instead of St. George. I've heard terrific things about MAM, but it wouldn't be the same experience you receive at the St. George campus (not to say that it will be bad or anything, just different). Being on an external campus can be tough vs the main campus at a different school, but this is a decision you need to make based on your specific preferences right! People have had positive and negative experiences at both I'm sure, you may already be leaning one way, just be honest with yourself and with which campus option you would prefer!