Premed 101 Forums

McGill MMI--anything unique?

liverpool

I can't comment on other MMIs because I have only done mcgill's

I can say that there are about 8 stations of different types. Some involve role-playing, others involve talking to an assessor, some involve reading things and analyzing and discussing, others involve seemingly weird thought experiments.

I think the McGill MMI is similar to elsewhere but there is not much you can do to prepare especially.

• 2 months later...
can any one give some idea on the sort of questions that are asked at the interview,,

We can't tell you specifically because we all signed agreements not to :(. But it's not really something you can prepare for. Funnily enough, I spent a long time prepping but didn't end up using my prep in the interview. They're all fairly real life situations, so I used my experience volunteering or working with people to solve the problems. So it is a be yourself kind of thing :). They liked you enough to interview you, clearly your real self is enough to get in!

I went over a few scenarios with friends beforehand, which I recommend. I didn't use the specific stuff we covered, but it helps a lot with confidence. Also VIDEOTAPE YOURSELF ANSWERING A QUESTION!! I did this and realized I blink my eyes like crazy when I'm nervous. After I saw that, I stopped doing it, which I bet makes you appear more confident :).

Finally, McGill MMI wants you to be confident, kind, and able to handle conflicts with others well. They will test your motivation to be a physician, and they want to see that you're really driven to go into medicine. So show them that.

Good luck!!

You can PM me or ask on here if you want anymore advice, but I can't say anything specific about the interview questions.

can any one give some idea on the sort of questions that are asked at the interview,,

See the Sticky in my signature below with emphasis on what ontariostudent and anonymous says.

You cannot prepare or imagine what the scenarios will be. Simply be your ethical, adaptable, personable, problem solving self. It is a fun experience! :P

See the Sticky in my signature below with emphasis on what ontariostudent and anonymous says.

You cannot prepare or imagine what the scenarios will be. Simply be your ethical, adaptable, personable, problem solving self. It is a fun experience! :P

Oh yes good point! Future_doc has some very good scenarios on that link that you can use to prep with friends. There's the MMI questions and the "100 traditional interview" questions, both of which are useful! Especially some of the "deep" traditional questions, like "who most inspired you". Kind of helps you learn more about yourself and what you want to represent of yourself to McGill admissions.

Thanks for the files f_d!! They definitely helped me :D

• 10 months later...
I can't comment on other MMIs because I have only done mcgill's

I can say that there are about 8 stations of different types. Some involve role-playing, others involve talking to an assessor, some involve reading things and analyzing and discussing, others involve seemingly weird thought experiments.

I think the McGill MMI is similar to elsewhere but there is not much you can do to prepare especially.

Wait what do you mean by thought experiments?

I heard that the mcgill mmi has alot of actor stations.

Do they use stations where you need to cooperate with someone to do a task, like instruct someone how to draw a picture?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived