Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill Basic And Translational Cancer Research Electives

Hello! I was wondering if anybody has ever done the Basic Cancer Research and/or Translational Cancer Research elective at McGill that is advertised on the AFMC Student Portal. If so, how did you find it and would you recommend it? Can this elective be done for just 2 weeks? Based on my research experience, 2 weeks is absolutely nothing. Is it worth doing? Thanks!

Hey on the AFMC portal, they usually specify the number of weeks required (minimum). If it is not written, then try to contact the ressource person.

I haven't done a research elective, but I think that 2 weeks are too short for any type of research :(

Would you prefer to arrange a clinical elective? it is more rewarding and you get to see patients and probably a LOR for CaRMS :rolleyes:

Hello! I was wondering if anybody has ever done the Basic Cancer Research and/or Translational Cancer Research elective at McGill that is advertised on the AFMC Student Portal. If so, how did you find it and would you recommend it? Can this elective be done for just 2 weeks? Based on my research experience, 2 weeks is absolutely nothing. Is it worth doing? Thanks!

Archived