Premed 101 Forums

Post-Interview Waiting Game

The 15 declined just shows how many offers they  take off of the OOP waitlist to fill those 5 seats, once they get through the OOP waitlist, they take people from the IP waitlist

There are only a maximum of 10 seats reserved for OOP (now only 5 this year)

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The 15 declined just shows how many offers they  take off of the OOP waitlist to fill those 5 seats, once they get through the OOP waitlist, they take people from the IP waitlist

There are only a maximum of 10 seats reserved for OOP (now only 5 this year)

oh ya! I realized that when I went back to reread it, haha it didn't seem accurate to me at first (lack of sleep!)... 

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! I am guessing decisions will be posted right at noon to the application portal. I hope everyone gets the decision they want, but realistically I know that’s not the case, as we all can’t get in. Having finally received an acceptance after 4 applications I cannot stress enough if you don’t receive acceptance tomorrow take some time to grieve, I know how disappointing and crushing this will be. Also try not to take it personal, this process is gruelling and confusing. The fact you even went through an interview puts you at advantage next cycle because you have done the MMI already! Make sure you schedule an appointment with the admissions office to see where your application can improve for next cycle. Take some time to seriously self-reflect and determine how you can better your application for next cycle. I hope all the best to everyone! 

Good luck to everyone tomorrow! I am guessing decisions will be posted right at noon to the application portal. I hope everyone gets the decision they want, but realistically I know that’s not the case, as we all can’t get in. Having finally received an acceptance after 4 applications I cannot stress enough if you don’t receive acceptance tomorrow take some time to grieve, I know how disappointing and crushing this will be. Also try not to take it personal, this process is gruelling and confusing, but the fact you even went through an interview puts you at advantage next cycle because you have done the MMI already! Make sure you schedule an appointment with the admissions office to see where your application can improve for next cycle. Take some time to seriously self-reflect and determine how you can better you application for next cycle. I hope all the best to everyone! 

During the appointment, if your interview is your down fall, do they tell you specifics about what the interviewers commented about.

During the appointment, if your interview is your down fall, do they tell you specifics about what the interviewers commented about.

They don't go into much detail, but they do give you some general comments. Such as "prompting required" "advice - look at the bigger picture" "good eye contact", etc. Not much info but its better than nothing. They also tell you if you passed all the stations. If you fail station(s) they don't tell you which one(s), just the fact that you failed x number of stations.

Archived