Premed 101 Forums

Mcgill January Deadline For Prerequisites?

foodie123

Hi! 

I read on the website that prerequisites must be completed by January, however, at my school the course I have left which is a continuation/part 2 is only offered in the January-April term. Has anyone had experience with this? Not really sure what to do. 

I don't know what's their policy beyond "all remaining science pre-requisites must be completed by January 15 at the latest.", but I would personally register for that course through distance ed or another local uni or college, and maybe even move another non-consequential course to jan-april term.

PS. I don't want to be preachy guys (ok maybe a little :P), but this is why course planning is important. You shouldn't be afraid of communicate with your academic adviser or the department administrative assistant for the course your interested in. Those are all free ressources.

Does 'continuation' mean the course is two semesters long? I was in a situation where I needed to complete my prereqs by the January date (had a bit of a non-traditional path into med here) and I ended up doing two prerequisites and two different universities in order to have them finished in time since the university I was going to at the time offered them in the winter semester. I would suggest taking your prerequisite at a different institution that offers it in the fall.

I took Physics Part 1 (3 unit course) this past school year, and I need to take Physics Part 2 (3 unit course) next year. However, the Part 2 is only offered in the January-April term. They're continuation of each other but they're also two separate courses. Hmm, okay I will look into doing that. Was your second institution online?

Unless your school is the only school around for miles and miles, introductory physics class are offered by nearly every community college, university, cegeps, etc.

McGill says they accept online courses but I don't know if they require on-site labs.

Unless your school is the only school around for miles and miles, introductory physics class are offered by nearly every community college, university, cegeps, etc.

McGill says they accept online courses but I don't know if they require on-site labs.

Yes they require labs. For me my degree was at Ottawa U, then I did physics 2 the summer I graduated at Carleton, then I moved to Hamilton to start a MSc at McMaster that September, and took Analytical Chem at Brock because McMaster only offered the course I needed in the winter.

Yes they require labs. For me my degree was at Ottawa U, then I did physics 2 the summer I graduated at Carleton, then I moved to Hamilton to start a MSc at McMaster that September, and took Analytical Chem at Brock because McMaster only offered the course I needed in the winter.

I know they require labs, I just don't know if they will require her to complete on-site labs or if home/virtual labs are acceptable if she's considering online ed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived