Premed 101 Forums

2017 Carms Applicants

• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did anyone get an invite from any of the Ortho programs in Ontario?

Hey Orthoo,

I've heard back from Ottawa, Mac, and UofT (the latter two just today). Most of the schools in Ontario (Ottawa, Toronto, Mac, Western) say on their program descriptions that you'll hear from them either way.

Hi friends

I got an email from medical school :

(At this time, you are not being invited for an interview.  Should any interview spaces open up in the near future, we will follow up with an invitation email)

Is it mean rejection?

Anybody have similar condition?

what they mean by near future?

please help I am worried,It is my only chance

Hello Wel,

Which program is this? Or you meant medical school application? If latter, you posted on the wrong section of the forum.

Best of luck ☺

Hi friends

(At this time, you are not being invited for an interview. Should any interview spaces open up in the near future, we will follow up with an invitation email)

Is it mean rejection?

Hey Wel,

I would assume that you are short-listed for an interview. Would you mind sharing which program it is? Perhaps members who applied there could help further.

I would appeal for the interview, by either writing to the secretary and the PDirector to let them know that you are highly interested in their programs.

Did you apply to other programs in the same specialties as well? I would not say that it is your only chance :)

The first rejection or short-listed notice was extremely harsh on everyone..but after all, I guess that we get used to it, and rather focus on the interviews invites that you received :)  Almost everyone I know has been refused so far by at least one program or more, it is impossible to do electives across the country. Move on and focus on the interviews that you received or will receive! :rolleyes:

Hi friends

(At this time, you are not being invited for an interview.  Should any interview spaces open up in the near future, we will follow up with an invitation email)

Is it mean rejection?

Hey Wel,

I would assume that you are short-listed for an interview. Would you mind sharing which program it is? Perhaps members who applied there could help further.

I would appeal for the interview, by either writing to the secretary and the PDirector to let them know that you are highly interested in their programs.

Did you apply to other programs in the same specialties as well? I would not say that it is your only chance :)

The first rejection or short-listed notice was extremely harsh on everyone..but after all, I guess that we get used to it, and rather focus on the interviews invites that you received :)  Almost everyone I know has been refused so far by at least one program or more, it is impossible to do electives across the country. Move on and focus on the interviews that you received or will receive! :rolleyes:

what is the difference between shortlisted and rejected. I mean in the chance to get selected 

Hey Ottawa Psychiatry is definitely sending out in batches! I just got my invite this morning!!! :)

Hey anyone  knows if Ottawa Psychiatry sends out invites in batches???

I haven't received anything yet, and the invite has just come out around lunch...For now, I am assuming rejection, but still have a slight glimpse of hope.

I guess that Psychiatry has become so popular over a few years

Thanks  :)

Has Ottawa Family messaged all candidates? I know people with acceptances and rejections but I have not heard either.

I am still waiting to hear back too, but on the CaRMS website, Ottawa specifically said that they would only notify invited applicants. I will take this as a rejection. 

I underestimated the competitiveness of FM, even though it is my only discipline of choice   ;)

I am still waiting to hear back too, but on the CaRMS website, Ottawa specifically said that they would only notify invited applicants. I will take this as a rejection. 

I underestimated the competitiveness of FM, even though it is my only discipline of choice   ;)

My friend specifically got a rejection email.

Only case of a non-email would be if your app didn't meet criteria? However, I have double checked that I have all the right documents.

EDIT: NVM check your email. There was a gliitch this morning.

My friend specifically got a rejection email.

Only case of a non-email would be if your app didn't meet criteria? However, I have double checked that I have all the right documents.

EDIT: NVM check your email. There was a gliitch this morning.

Yup, you are right.

Turns out there was a glitch with Ottawa this morning. 

"Thank you for your interest in the Family Medicine Residency program at the University of Ottawa. You have been selected for an interview and should have received an invitation earlier this morning. We have received reports of candidates not receiving this email. If you did not, please let me know and I will send you the required information."

Yup, you are right.

Turns out there was a glitch with Ottawa this morning. 

"Thank you for your interest in the Family Medicine Residency program at the University of Ottawa. You have been selected for an interview and should have received an invitation earlier this morning. We have received reports of candidates not receiving this email. If you did not, please let me know and I will send you the required information."

"Please let me know if you never receive the email and I will follow-up in the new year."

Would anyone just mind posting the sign up link please?

EDIT: apparently it's a personalized link

"Please let me know if you never receive the email and I will follow-up in the new year."

Would anyone just mind posting the sign up link please?

EDIT: apparently it's a personalized link

Oh man! I was hoping to book my flights and accommodations early to save some money. Looks like I will be burning a hole in my pocket.  

does anyone know if western peds is sending invites in batches? anyone else hear from them? 

i'm really hoping it was sent in batches aha... i know some people who got invites and i haven't heard myself. starting to get scared, especially considering it was one of my applications i was just a tiny little bit more confident in and really hopeful for ...

ah well tomorrow's a new day

Archived