Premed 101 Forums

Voiding

meltedbrain

I plan to write September 2nd and started studying today which doesn't leave me a lot of room. I plan on studying as much as I can but would like to prepare for all possible scenarios. What are the consequences of voiding the exam? What are the consequences of writing, NOT voiding, and then doing poorly (provided you do significantly better the second time)? Any med schools take the average of your results? Thanks!

46 minutes ago, meltedbrain said:

I plan to write September 2nd and started studying today which doesn't leave me a lot of room. I plan on studying as much as I can but would like to prepare for all possible scenarios. What are the consequences of voiding the exam? What are the consequences of writing, NOT voiding, and then doing poorly (provided you do significantly better the second time)? Any med schools take the average of your results? Thanks!

No consequences in not writing as far as I know. Nobody (any med school) would ever know that you even wrote it that day. I believe some med schools do look at/average your mcat marks, so it would be best to double check with all schools you are interested in applying to.

On 7/11/2017 at 10:39 PM, Looktoabove said:

Voiding does count as 1 of the write allowances from my understanding however per the new rules/restrictions.

Does anyone know what happens if you miss the cancellation deadline and not show up? Does that count as a write?

Yes it does. You only get 7 tries in a lifetime. No point in voiding at least for most schools as they look at the highest MCAT score.

Do look at the schools you intend to apply to or may have a good chance at later.

Archived