Premed 101 Forums

Chemistry Courses Pre-Reqs for University of Ottawa

RRRAAAWWW

For the University of Ottawa Med, their website says this, 

• The equivalent of two full-year courses (or four semester courses) of the following Chemistry courses: i) General Biochemistry with or without laboratory session; ii) General Chemistry with laboratory session; iii) Organic Chemistry with laboratory session. 

Does it mean I need 2 full year credits from any of the three (e.g. 1.0 general, 1.0 organic), or 2 full year credits from all 3 (e.g. 1.0 General, 0.5 biochem, 0.5 orgo)?

I'm asking this because I have 1 full year chemistry credit already and was wondering if I should take 0.5 distance studies Biochem credit during the summer (which I dont think has a lab) and then a half course some other time or 2 x 0.5 organic chemistry summer credits with labs. 

Also, what is Ottawa Med policy on summer courses? On their website, it says that "Marks obtained on supplementary courses taken outside the usual academic session or during a summer session will not be included in the WGPA calculation". Since chemistry is one of their pre-reqs, does that mean a summer chem course will count towards their wGPA?

My program does not require chemistry so I wanted to plan carefully so I don't need to take any unnecessary L's. 

Recommendations/tips also much appreciated. 

Archived