Premed 101 Forums

UBC PT Interview Invites 2018

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a lot out of the forums from previous years so hopefully this helps other applicants who are considering applying in the future!

I felt like I did good in about 6/9 stations during the MMI. 3 of the stations I could have definitely done a lot better in. 2-3 I felt I did really good and others were average-good.

My GPA for UL was 91% and pre-req 89%.

Looking forward to meeting everyone in September :)!

Best of luck!

Hi all,

First time applying to the program, and I did not receive an interview invite because of a mistake on my pre-req submission. GPA+Pre-req average 86% (Pre-req 88%, gpa 84.5%). No suggestions were made on my application, but it would be good to know if it's worth it to defer from a school in UK in order to take a chance next year. 

For those that were accepted, would a a total average around 88% be strong enough for an interview? I was thinking of taking a couple additional courses to boost GPA. 

Thanks,

3 hours ago, PT2B said:

Hi all,

First time applying to the program, and I did not receive an interview invite because of a mistake on my pre-req submission. GPA+Pre-req average 86% (Pre-req 88%, gpa 84.5%). No suggestions were made on my application, but it would be good to know if it's worth it to defer from a school in UK in order to take a chance next year. 

For those that were accepted, would a a total average around 88% be strong enough for an interview? I was thinking of taking a couple additional courses to boost GPA. 

Thanks,

I got accepted with around the same average, so you definitely would have a shot next year. 

On 5/1/2018 at 1:04 PM, PT2B said:

Hi all,

Thanks,

88% is definitely a strong GPA for an interview. Having a year to upgrade and getting experience as well would make your application even stronger!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone! Congrats to all who have been accepted :) If anyone is still checking this thread and is willing to help me out, I would greatly appreciate some opinions! I've been accepted to UBC PT this year in addition to just finding out that I've been accepted to a couple PT schools in Ontario as well. I'm trying to figure out which PT program would be the best for me, so if anyone (either current or entering students) wouldn't mind messaging me on why you thought that UBC was the right choice for you, I would so greatly appreciate it!

Thanks so much!

Archived