Premed 101 Forums

Hi everyone,

This is a bit off topic, but I was wondering whether any newly accepted OT/PT students at UofA are looking for roommies? Is there any particular sites where students find accommodations near UofA?

Any help is appreciated! Looking forward to meeting you all in the fall :) 

Current student here. Second years are going to be setting up a page for you guys where you can connect with other students and try to find housing together. Some students apply for graduate residence but it is one of the pricier options. Lots of people end up sharing housing with second years or physio students etc. Another option is looking at Kijiji or rentfaster, just make sure you search your commute if you move further from u of a cause first semester there are 8am classes some days sadly. Haha. Hope that helps, we got an email from the department once the FB page was made, it likely will be a couple weeks until we get that set up but stay tuned. 

Hey @FutureOT2018, I'm not sure if you looked already, but there are a number of websites for off campus housing provided on the U of A website: https://www.ualberta.ca/international-student-services/prepare-for-ualberta/find-housing   

I applied for housing in the graduate residence since it seemed like an easy option, given the places are furnished; however, if I do not like the option I am offered, then I will start looking at places off campus. Rent where I live in Victoria is ridiculously expensive, so the $1123/month for a studio in residence housing doesn't seem that bad in comparison. Given that I am unfamiliar with Alberta and do not know any other students in the program yet, I may wait until second year to live off campus.

Hey @FutureOT2018! I will be moving from Manitoba to Edmonton for the OT program this fall. So far I've mainly been looking on Kijiji for potential places but it's tough to find a place when you're living in another province. In my search I've been making sure to pay attention to whether places are close to an lrt station as I think this will be important in making commutes to school as easy as possible. 

I look forward to meeting you in the fall! 

• 11 months later...

Hey everyone! I am moving to Edmonton for the OT program and I am really nervous about trying to find housing. I noticed that the posts on this forum are from last year so if you have any advice or tips let me know! Right now I’m looking at the grad residence at least for my first year as the easiest option. My concerns about residence are noise and parking. 

Archived