Premed 101 Forums

Financial Aid?

I'm an incoming first year med student at UofT and I had a few questions about UofT financial aid programs. I applied for OSAP and got a scotia LOC already, but i'd love some free money from the school as well :)

Can anyone comment on what the criteria are for getting bursaries and if there are any thresholds for income? Do most people end up getting financial aid or is it just for a very small proportion of students? And any other info you think is important. Thanks!! 

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, senotspets said:

From what I've heard it's a small proportion and very difficult to get. Not sure about the other questions. 

This is not true. There are quite a few people that end up getting financial aid in the form of bursaries (UTAPS) from UofT. These can range from 2-4K per semester and are usually based on your income/other financial factors. I can't comment on the exact criteria, but if you are on OSAP you will be automatically considered for them and should be successful. There are also additional named scholarships that you can apply for but these are much more difficult to secure.

There is also an alumni fund that offers a 2K interest-free loan to UofT students. You will learn more about this during O-week and via email from the school.

Archived