Premed 101 Forums

Exploring Residency Opportunities in Canada: Dual Application Inquiry for Dermatology and Internal Medicine

Greetings,

I am a Saudi national who has completed medical school in Saudi Arabia, and I am currently a senior resident in internal medicine here. I am interested in pursuing a residency in Dermatology in Canada. Given the highly competitive nature of dermatology as a specialty, I would also like to consider internal medicine as an alternative. Is it permissible to apply for both simultaneously?

10 hours ago, Saudiapplicant said:

Greetings,

I am a Saudi national who has completed medical school in Saudi Arabia, and I am currently a senior resident in internal medicine here. I am interested in pursuing a residency in Dermatology in Canada. Given the highly competitive nature of dermatology as a specialty, I would also like to consider internal medicine as an alternative. Is it permissible to apply for both simultaneously?

If you are not a Canadian citizen or PR you can only apply for the Saudi-paid spots outside the CaRMS match service. I, and I imagine most people here, are not aware of the application/selection process for Saudi residents.