Premed 101 Forums

Neuroanatomy

Guest drfunkmd03

Guest drfunkmd03

Just got the ol' registration package, and checked out the classes list.

I'm actually wondering about the supposed changes that were gonna take place this year. For example, I heard earlier that neuroanatomy was supposed to change markedly and become a medstudent only course geared towards a more medical perspective. Nevertheless, when I saw the class list it just showed Anat 234 (introductory neuroanatomy). Is this the revised course??

My only thought is that they didn't get around to modifying it this year and will change it next year. anyone know what's going on?

Guest saskmedman

Hey "Dr. Funk"

The neuroanatomy course has been changed, but not in the way you are thinking. I'm not exactly sure how neuroanatomy can be given more or less "medical perspective." It's neuroanatomy, you just gotta learn the anatomy. What they did do (I'm only 99% sure about this) is drop the lab portion, I believe, and you now have a 1 hour lecture/week in the second semester. It's been a while since I saw the revised schedule for first year, but I'm pretty sure that's what has happened. I may be wrong about the lab being dropped, but in past years neuro got 1.25 hours a week and it now has 50 minutes a week for lectures. I also am pretty sure you're right about it being a med student only class too. Too bad, some of those physio girls are hot! Just kiddin'! I'm just hoping that all that neuroanat comes back to me this fall for my neurology system, or I may be coming to YOU for help! L8er.

Rod

Archived