Premed 101 Forums

Do I still have a chance?

Im currently entering my third year of my microbio undergrad and I think I'm in dire straits. My first year went fine but my second year was terrible as I got three C's and a D. I've so far worked on imporving my study habits a lot but now so far my GPA is 3.37. I know for sure I'm no more qualified for any med schools outside of Manitoba so I guess UofM is my only option. Do I still have a chance to get into UofM or are they numbered? 

You still have a good chance. Remember that they drop a certain amount of your worst grades (30 credit hours if you do 120 credit hours) so one bad year won't throw away your chances. Your focus now should be one doing as well as possible in your last two years and don't be distraught if you receive a bad grade or two, many people have gotten in with <4.0 GPAs.

Study your ass off for the MCAT and get a good score because it's worth the most in your application

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:51 PM, shazam said:

You still have a good chance. Remember that they drop a certain amount of your worst grades (30 credit hours if you do 120 credit hours) so one bad year won't throw away your chances. Your focus now should be one doing as well as possible in your last two years and don't be distraught if you receive a bad grade or two, many people have gotten in with <4.0 GPAs.

Study your ass off for the MCAT and get a good score because it's worth the most in your application

I agree! Your AGPA is always better than your actual GPA. Don't give up!! :):) 

Archived