Premed 101 Forums

Chances at U Of T?

Hey, based off of previous years statistics (and the FAQ page: https://www.dentistry.utoronto.ca/dds-admissions-faq), a WGPA of at least 3.85 is what the program is looking for in a competitive applicant. However, that doesn't mean if you have below 3.85 you'll be cut or anything - just wanted you to know that that's where the bar is. Your DAT score is amazing so I think that will definitely help make up for your  GPA. From what I've seen, it's the people with a masters or pHD that can get away more easily with having a 3.85  (or a bit lower) GPA - however I think you have an okay chance at getting an interview. 

Good luck. 

21 hours ago, topomax said:

Hey, based off of previous years statistics (and the FAQ page: https://www.dentistry.utoronto.ca/dds-admissions-faq), a WGPA of at least 3.85 is what the program is looking for in a competitive applicant. However, that doesn't mean if you have below 3.85 you'll be cut or anything - just wanted you to know that that's where the bar is. Your DAT score is amazing so I think that will definitely help make up for your  GPA. From what I've seen, it's the people with a masters or pHD that can get away more easily with having a 3.85  (or a bit lower) GPA - however I think you have an okay chance at getting an interview. 

Good luck. 

Actually there are 2 spots in their website. 1 in the FAQ says at least 3.85, and somewhere else says the average for interview invites is 3.85. Also do people with masters have advantage? since I was not able to see anywhere in their websites that mentioned that?

On 8/29/2018 at 7:32 PM, GreedyGod said:

Actually there are 2 spots in their website. 1 in the FAQ says at least 3.85, and somewhere else says the average for interview invites is 3.85. Also do people with masters have advantage? since I was not able to see anywhere in their websites that mentioned that?

ya so 3.85 is just a benchmark to use if you want to gauge how competitive you are for an interview. Nope, they don't ever mention specifically what kind of a bonus (or even if they do give it out) to masters students. I just mention that because I did my masters and got into uoft with a 3.85wgpa and when i talked to another classmate who did their masters they had a sim wgpa to mine and I know that they look for much higher wgpa for students coming from 3rd year or 4th year. At the end of the day, even 3rd of 4th years can get an interview with 3.85 gpa but I think itll be much harder for them to pull that off compared to someone who has a masters. 

Archived