Premed 101 Forums

These applications!

Guest RageoftheDragon

Guest RageoftheDragon

I'm blown away by the U of S applications. After filling out the OMSAS, and a few others that required some essays and actual non-demographic input, I cannot believe the simplicity of the U of S application.

Oh, and does anyone think it's a bad idea for me to put a picture of me doing a kegstand as my personal photo? :D

RotD

Guest kosmo14

U of S was smart enough to realize that those stupid personal statements and essays are garbage. Anyone can BS on a piece of paper, hell with enough help and money I could look like a noble winning poet despite the fact that I couldn't cite a single line of poetry if my life depended on it. Besides it is pretty objective when you have different people reading different essays and assigning some kind of weight to them because a single person could not read all the possible essays that come in.

I think the kegstand picture would be ideal to use, it shows your true self, doesn't it.:rollin

Guest RageoftheDragon

K, first of all, it's nobel. Secondly, the essays are checked against in the interview, so it will be fairly easy to stake out a liar. Experience speaks differently than lies. And you're right about the SUBJECTIVITY of it (Obejctive would be what we want).

It's either the keg stand, or the pics of me last nite with the 22nd street hookers...hmm, decisions.

Guest kosmo14

You are right rage we are looking for objectivity, my brainfart. BTW I was never any good at spelling or grammer that is why I used the writing analogy.

Archived