Premed 101 Forums

?OOP?

Guest Kingfisher809

Guest Kingfisher809

i'm an Out of Province/OOP applicant with a best 2 years average of 88% and mcat 31R... do you think i stand a chance for an interview at u of Sask if i apply? plz let me know...

thnx

Guest kosmo14

I believe the cut off for oop interview in the past hovers around 87-88%, so you may sneak in, however that always depends on the applicant pool each year. The MCAT is just used as a flag at the UofS so as long as you meet the minimum standards (which you have) it doesn't play a role in the selection process.

Good luck.

Guest DonaldKaufman

Is there a minimum writing sample score at UofSask?

Also, I went to a Maritime school - is there a chart somewhere that will allow me to convert my GPA into a percentile average? If there is, please point me in that general direction, as I have no idea what % my transcript would be.

hey, i'd say you don't have anything to lose if you apply. it's definitely better to apply to more places than few, in my opinion. your scores seem competitive enough. i don't think that there is a minimum writing sample score at UoS but that might have changed. i agree, that the MCAT is not part of the selection process.

Archived