Premed 101 Forums

MCAT Score Dropped, Need Advice Please

Okay, so I need some feedback/input. I have taken the MCAT twice. The first time getting a CARS of 127 and the most recent score being 126. I'm really down and I don't know how I'll be impacted by this. I am an OOP applicant, my GPA although I haven't calculated it, I'm estimating to be around 3.4. I've read other similar threads about this and browsed the accepted/rejected lists in the past and it seems that my chances just got slimmer. Realistically If I were to do well on CASPer what can I expect? My ECs are average some hospital volunteering, tutoring kids, an executive at a school club, and various work experiences. Can anyone suggest what I should do or provide some feedback? 

Thank you

Mcmaster does not consider your ECs in their acceptance. If you are really focused on Mac, i would highly advice that you try to apply with a higher CARS or a higher GPA(second undergrad), preferably both. Mcmaster took only 6 people out of 5000 with a GPA of 3-3.5. Mac takes about 10% OOP and that might make it even harder for you. 

Archived