Premed 101 Forums

Waitlist OOP

Guest smu2001

Guest smu2001

I got the news today that I was waitlisted at U Sask. I called Heather and she informed me that there are seperate waitlists for OOP and in-province. The OOP waitlist is 15 people long. There are 6 spots for OOP applicants. Although, she would not tell me my rank, this is my best chance at getting into med school this year. She said there has been some years where they had to go down the entire list to fill the spots! I'm crossing my fingers!

It would be great if anyone OOP rejecting a seat at U Sask could post this info here so we can see that waitlist move! Also anyone on the waitlist that would not accept a spot at U Sask anyhow, let me know.

P.S. This chat site is one of the few things keeping me sane at this point!

Guest monkey

hey smu2001,

u'll be glad to know that i will be rejecting my spot at UofS. i am an oop applicant. good luck and i hope you get in

Guest kosmo14

Good luck smu2001, I hope it goes quickly. My letter says we have until June 28, 2002 to accept the offer and then the spot will be offered to someone on the alternative list. I would be willing to bet that I will see you in the fall. I think your chances are excellent.

Guest monkey

i had a question smu2001. did you get an actual package thru snail mail? coz i didnt, i only got an email, whcih makes me wonder...why would UofS treat me differently. i really did want to see what all came in the package...curiousity sake you know. anyone else like me who only got an email and have YET to recieve the package? its getting late (24th already!) and if i were to accept, it'd be in 4 days@! not that i am accepting BUT STILL!!!!

Guest smu2001

I only got a letter indicating that I was not offered a spot but was placed on the wait list. I didn't get any e-mail, although I drove myself crazy checking for one last week! Thanks for the encouragement you guys! I am definitely keeping my fingers crossed. I don't want to have to go through the entire application process for a second time. But, if worst comes to worst, I won't be the first person who had to apply twice!

Guest Melissa13

Hey smu,

I have also been waitlisted for U of S but it is already a foregone conclusion that I will be attending the U of Ottawa in the fall, so much closer to home for me...so if called before you I will be passing the hat along to another, possibly you. I am rooting for you! Good luck. By the way, are you a paramedic? SMU being EMS (emergency response service)??? Just wondering if the handle was by accident or on purpose.

Guest governorgeneral

this could be a fun game, guess what people's names mean...

i'm guessing "smu2001" is "saint mary's university" class of 2001.

hey, did you have your interview on the saturday afternoon? i think i met someone from NS there... we might've had the same usher (tian) and the same "challenging" interview team.

anyway, hope everything works out for you, bonne chance!

[btw i'm not usually lurking on the boards this often...]

Guest smu2001

Looks like governorgeneral is the winner for this one. I'm surprised you even know SMU exists, being on the other side of the country and all. Perhaps you're a football fan? I did have my interview Sat afternoon, maybe we did meet. (Not sure what my Usher's name was but it definitely wasn't Tian.) Thanks Melissa13, I now know the waitlist has dropped from 15 to 13 because of this forum. I can't help but hold my breath, those numbers are looking better and better!

P.S. Does governorgeneral mean that you won the governor general's award?

Guest governorgeneral

hey smu2001,

well, i am a football fan, but not the football i think you're thinking of. in fact, i heard of smu from someone at the u of s interview, so i'm pretty sure we met. maybe you were on the rod/brad tour afterwards?

fyi - the oop waitlist is officially 15, in province 12. based on the forum, it should now be 13/11. hope it works out for everyone!

no gg award for me, not at high school and definitely not at university... =( just that if i can't be an MD, i'd like to be governor general.

Archived