Premed 101 Forums

Additional comments required??

At the end of the personal activities, there is a personal comments section where you "Describe significant challenges and extenuating circumstances you have experienced.". We are apparently required to write something to submit the application, has anyone contacted AdCom about this?? I don't know what to write for that... I don't feel like I've had any extenuating cicrumstances beyond what the typical applicant goes through... any insight?

Just noticed the previous post regarding this. To anyone wondering, it looks like it is required, but you could just explain that you don't have any extenuating circumstances.  Sure I've faced challenges in things like juggling responsibilities of class work and ECs, but the phrasing of the question makes me think it's more asking about significant illness, or responsibilities as a parent or something. What are you all writing about?

• 2 weeks later...

I did the same. Really this section should only be reserved for true extraordinary challenges beyond what normal applicants face, like death of a parent, etc. I’m writing that I don’t feel I faced any extenuating circumstances or challanges. Otherwise I’m worried that it may be poorly reflected on my assessment in terms of being unethical

Archived