Premed 101 Forums

Reason for inclusion - CV

SEAL

Anyone else struggling to find a reason for inclusion for their CV entries? I am a having a hard time with that. For example, if I provided free services to impoverished areas, what would be the reason for inclusion? Can someone give me any examples?

It's a chance to explicitly state how that made you acquire skills to be a good doctor, or one of the CANMED roles, or what you learned from it that will help you be a good doctor.  Sometimes it seems painfully obvious but just write something anyways, while other times for more unrelated activities it helps the committee see the relevance and value of it 

On 10/26/2018 at 3:34 PM, SEAL said:

Anyone else struggling to find a reason for inclusion for their CV entries? I am a having a hard time with that. For example, if I provided free services to impoverished areas, what would be the reason for inclusion? Can someone give me any examples?

I don't know if this will help, but in mine, I didn't explicitly answer the reason for inclusion part. I didn't say "I included this because...", but rather, I implied the reason with my description of the activity. I pretty much used the same descriptions I had for my OMSAS application and in those, I just described the activity briefly and my role. Seeing as we don't have much room for this CV, I didn't add much to my descriptions!

Archived