Premed 101 Forums

UBC Pharmacy Applications 2018/2019 - Class of 2023

KingdomSquares

3 hours ago, pharm222 said:

When were you told it was placed on hold?

i emailed today to ask if all letters were sent out, they replied saying most were and now they are monitoring responses so if i havent heard anything from them yet its because my application is still being reviewed for potential spots 

1 hour ago, pharmrx said:

i emailed today to ask if all letters were sent out, they replied saying most were and now they are monitoring responses so if i havent heard anything from them yet its because my application is still being reviewed for potential spots 

what did they exactly email you (if you don't mind)?

10 hours ago, pharmrx said:

you're making people feel more discouraged with posts like this one here. This is the same thing as the interview all over again where they give a first wave of invites then give a second wave a week later. For those who haven't received an email yet, posts like these make us feel like we've been rejected.

1 hour ago, Pharm9696 said:

you're making people feel more discouraged with posts like this one here. This is the same thing as the interview all over again where they give a first wave of invites then give a second wave a week later. For those who haven't received an email yet, posts like these make us feel like we've been rejected.

i clearly said i emailed to ask the question, i didnt get any emails just like the rest of you 

34 minutes ago, pharmrx said:

They did not email, I clearly said I emailed to ask. They said that response which would apply to anyone that has not gotten an acceptance or rejection email yet.

But what exactly did they say in their response if you don't mind quoting it?

17 minutes ago, Pharm9696 said:

But what exactly did they say in their response if you don't mind quoting it?

"We sent out most admission offers and are monitoring responses. If you have not heard from us, it means your application is on hold, and a further decision will need to be made based on how many spots we have available. We will update you as soon as we are able to make a decision"

6 minutes ago, pharmrx said:

"We sent out most admission offers and are monitoring responses. If you have not heard from us, it means your application is on hold, and a further decision will need to be made based on how many spots we have available. We will update you as soon as we are able to make a decision"

So basically what that means is if everyone they offered the admission to accepts the offer then those who haven't received the email will get rejected on June 13th?

11 minutes ago, pharmrx said:

which advisor said this? was it Carol?

are the people that already received admission offers better qualified (like did they go down a ranked list and send out admission offers)?

21 hours ago, Pharm9696 said:

So basically what that means is if everyone they offered the admission to accepts the offer then those who haven't received the email will get rejected on June 13th?

I think some will be placed on a waitlist if that happens just think positively all we can do now is wait and hope for the best