Premed 101 Forums

Any Point in adding to the application now?

Guest ioncannon97

Guest ioncannon97

Hey all,

I just found out that I will be recieving the Governor General's Medal at the convocation for my university next week. I was wondering if you guys think there is any point in e-mailing this info to UofT and other Ontario schools right now or if it won't really make a difference? Thanks in advance.

Guest Lorae

First of all, CONGRATS!! What an accomplishment!

:D

But, I doubt it would make a difference now. I suspect that decisions have been made and things are being finalized. However... I don't think it would hurt to call/email and ask the admissions office. I had the courage to call them about something earlier this year and it was totally worth it! (long story, but I got a rejection letter by mistake).

Good luck!

Guest mydream88

Lorae,

did you have ANOTHER mistaken identity situation? I hope not! If I remember correctly, you had a rejection letter sent to you recently and it was meant for someone else with the same name?!

best of luck :D

mydream88

Guest peachy

I called and asked them this exact question last year, and was told that I couldn't add anything to the MD application. And this was prior to my interview. So I wouldn't get your hopes up, but of course, it can't hurt to ask anyways! :)

And congratulations! That is quite an achievement.:D

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Congratulations!

Leslie Taylor mentioned at the UofT interview information session that no new material could be added to the application files from then on in. Canadian schools don't seem to have adopted many US medical schools' policies re: improving the looks of the file, post-interview, to increase the odds of acceptance. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest ioncannon97

I e-mailed Leslie a few days ago and she replied saying that, yes, it was too late to change the application. Oh Well. I doubt it would have made a difference as its probably mostly up to the interview now anyways. One question for people who visited this board last year: When were people in Western Canada getting their letters? I'm headed to California on June 4th and I would definitely like to find out the results before I go...

Archived