Premed 101 Forums

does anyone have a rough idea how many interviews this year?

Guest mydream88

Guest mydream88

Hi :)

does anyone know a rough estimate of how many U of T interviews were given out this year?

I heard but I may be imagining this, that there are about 450 persons that attended their interview this year.

And, can you guys clarify something else? I am also wondering if U of T sends out MORE initial invitations then they have seats e.g. 220 invitations for 198 seats (again something I wonder if I imagined!)

mydream88

Guest 15Sacha

Hi mydream88,

at the U of T info session, the first year med said last year there were approx. 415 or 413 interviewed for the 198 spots. She said this year the numbers were about the same. The chances of getting in are really high. Good luck!!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Also, with respect to the number of acceptances that are mailed, I believe that in the past couple of years, 240-280 acceptances had to be sent to fill the 198 spots. As the second year meds student said on the interview weekend, "Pretty good odds if you've made it this far". :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

Sorry, I misread your initial post. :o Leslie Taylor mentioned in her presentation this past weekend that they only send 198 initial invitations to the top-ranked 198 interviewees. Thereafter, invitations are sent on a need-to-fill basis, i.e., they will not send the remaining invitations out in batches; they will send them as a seat becomes available in the medical school class. The 240-280 number represents the number of total invitations that they needed to send out to fill the 198 spots and get the September classes started, these two years past.

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Archived