Premed 101 Forums

I'm about to stir the pot..Oilers Thread

Guest mg83

Guest mg83

Okay i know i'm going to get beaten down for this but I had to ask. Anyone moving down from Edmonton to go to school in Calgary? I am an Oilers fan who's looking to start a "support group" for those on us who are going to be living in Flames country. I figure if there's more than one of us wearing Oilers gear we'll be less likely to get beaten up.

<---- Has Jarome Iginla bobblehead in car.

Don't worry, my best friend is an Oilers fan, so I'm used to putting up with the rivalry. Seriously though, what the heck happened up there? It's like there's some kind of secret race going on between the players to see who can get out of Edmonton the fastest... :eek

Guest wylie348

Don't worry about me - I only root for players - teams change too much to keep track these days...

Go Joe Sakic!!!!!

:D

The Sakic breakaway goal in the 2002 Olympic final with Bob Cole calling it like he already knew what would happen was one of the best hockey moments ever.

Guest mg83

Well I dunno...frankly I thought Pronger would totally stick around but the rumour is that he cheated on his wife and that she was looking for a gesture from him that he still wanted to save his marriage and moving out of the city his mistress was in was what she wanted. This city is soooo over Chris Pronger...he's officially taken over the top of the hate list from Mike Comrie (who left under eerily similar conditions....an affair that is with a teammate's wife).

As for the others, we all knew they were only here for a year so not really surprised...except maybe Spacek who....i dunno...i'm gonna go with hated the scrutiny cuz really....Buffalo is a total hole.

Whatever...life goes on and we'll be a better team for it (hopefully :\ )

So anyone know how hard it is to get tickets to Calgary/Oilers games?

Archived