Premed 101 Forums

Parking

Guest newman72

Guest newman72

Does anyone know where most students who drive to school park their cars? Are there parking lots around the med school or Foothills Hospital? How much do they cost?

I can't seem to find much information on the UCalgary website since the Parking Services seems to be geared toward the Main Campus rather than the med school and hospital.

Thanks!

Guest Kirsteen

Hi there,

There is at least one parking lot that's ~200m from the medical school building. It costs $10 per day. There are other alternatives though, e.g., parking passes for the lot around McMahon Stadium.

In clerkship, however, we're given parking passes that allow us free parking at thre three hospital sites. Based on my clerkship electives at other cities, this is a unique feature of the Calgary clerkship. :)

Cheers,

Kirsteen

Guest newman72

Thanks for the info Kirsteen. If I park at McMahon Stadium, is there a shuttle bus service to the medical campus? Or is it close enough to walk?

Guest Lurkergonepublic

I walk from McMahon (I work in the med school building). You can wait for the #20 city bus to take you to the school but the walk is only 10 minutes max, and faster if it needs to be.

Archived