Premed 101 Forums

Amount of movement on the out of province waiting list?

Guest Ninja Star360

Guest Ninja Star360

Hey all,

I am an applicant outside the province of Alberta. My question is how much movement there traditionally is on the waiting list for out of province applicants?

Guest happy2bme

Last year the OOP list moved alot. If I remeber a post from last cycle correctly, it had moved at least over half the waitlist. Very good odds this year with only around 75 people interviewed and the seat increase that the OOP list will be extremely active !!!!

Unfortunatly the IP list doesn't move as much, or a bunch of us would have been in last year. Oh well, hopefully we all fare well this cycle!

Guest Lurkergonepublic

From what I was told, most years both lists move quite a bit (about 1/2 to 2/3 is typical). Last year was an unexpected exception on the IP slow movement. Who knows whether this year will continue the trend. Either not a lot of Albertans got accepted elsewhere last year, or the UofC is becoming the first choice for more people.

Guest Win2002

i was feeling kind of dumb being one of the last ppl accepted off the out of province waitlist last year...

not sure if he was just trying to make me feel better but Dr. LeMay told me they only called 13 ppl off the OOP waitlist.

Guest CrazyKath

Nope, I was on the OOP and you didn't get any information at all. You just have to suck it up and freak out every time the phone rings :P

~K~

Archived