Premed 101 Forums

How the word will go out

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Okay, okay, enough of your hints, I have finally gone and asked Adele and Susan about what will happen on the 15th. Here is the official, unofficial word, but please don't hold me legally responsible should they change their minds during the next week - it's been known to happen. Listen carefully kids...

1- Email. Past years have been phone calls, but this year will be a couple batch emails, one for acceptances, one for the waitlist. They may not do complete batches at once, so don't have a heart attack when someone gets an email before you, but barring computer trouble, everyone should hear something on the 15th. Make sure your inboxes don't automatically reject or trash bulk emails, and cross your fingers that your message is not delayed!

2- Probably also a phone call. Adele says her favorite thing in the past has been to phone people with the good news, so she is going to TRY to give all the accepted people a call too. Keep in mind the official word is still the email, as she may not be able to get to everyone

3- No rejections. Because of the extra seats and fewer interviews, everyone not accepted will be on the waitlist. She didn't specify if that comment was for just in-prov or not, so I assume it means both.

4- Check the website. Acceptance forms and other info will be placed as links, so if you have a question on the 15th, check the website. It may contain info on what to do and when if you don't get an email, but barring a message about technical problems, it would probably be reasonable to call on the 16th if you've heard nothing. Anything I may or may not have said or implied in this email could be supersceded by an announcement on the website. No lawyers please :)

Happy waiting, try not to pee your pants in excitement, and congrats to everyone for at least making the waitlist. ;)

Guest happy2bme

Lurker you rock!!!!!

Darn UofC server better not wait a day to give me my mail this time. My interview notice took about 8 hours to get from them to my inbox....But the joy of life is in the waiting!

Email is swift and painless to know where you stand, I like it.

Speculation only! is that Adele will do as many calls in the am(most likely working east to west as she did last year) and then email just before noon.....then she will get to give good news to excited premeds and people will at least wait until noon before they get too crazy and anxious!

Hahaha, thanks for doing the detective work Lurker!! I think I'm gonna wear out my mouse clicking Refresh!

Agree with happy...I'm glad it's gonna be e-mail/phone and not a letter...at least you know it's coming on the 15th and it'll be quick.

Guest jess from etown

hey,

i'm really baffled by this news that there will be no rejections. is this straight from adele and susan? i definitely believe lurker but i just find it so hard to believe that they would waitlist people like me with bombed interviews. also, when waitlisted, what factors come into play in getting you off the waitlist? is it just your ranking or can your grades from this past year help out?

thanks

jess

I remember Adele talking once about a girl she phoned to congratulate on an acceptance, and the girl thinking it was actually a mistake because she thought the interview went so horribly. You never know what those interviewers wrote down, and you don't know how everyone else did, so don't count yourself out yet!

I'm guessing the only way grades could factor into the waitlist is if someone didn't meet the 3.2 cutoff for courses just completed and was then automatically rejected. I don't think academic stuff would be reassessed after the interview--that doesn't seem to me to be something Admissions would have either the resources or the need to do.

Guest Lurkergonepublic

* basking in the glory of working next to the adcom office *

aw shucks guys, anytime (and yes, it's the man)

As for the no reject thing, yes that came straight from Susan. The UofC like to keep a rather long waitlist, and the fact that they cut interview numbers down this year, then added the new seats, means the accepted list will be more than half their interviews. You still won't have great chances being at the bottom of the list, but they don't want to burn any bridges. They will definately increase the interview number next year because of those new seats.

As for how your interview went, don't short change yourself without knowing for sure - they may have had a different impression. You didn't yell "Hail Hitler" and throw a burning torch into any of the MMI rooms did you?

Archived