Premed 101 Forums

question about may 15

Guest mg83

Guest Lurkergonepublic

I think they send out acceptance and waitlist letters at the same time, but I don't think they will phone or email you if you are on the waitlist, whereas they probably will (have in past years) phone or email you to notify you of acceptance before you get the actual letter. So, my guess is you'll find out a bit later if your on the waitlist. I'm not sure about direct rejection letters, and hope not to know this year either...

Guest happy2bme

I serious don't wish the waitlist on my worst enemy!

Last MAY JUNE JULY pretty much sucked after I was waitlisted, I was actually relieved when the first week of med classes was over, then I knew for sure I wasn't getting called up to the "Big show" and could finally relax......

However if I am waitlisted this year, it will be worse because I know that there are more spots and that the "chances" are greater to get pulled off the waitlist this year making the suspense even more intense!!!

Guest mg83

I wonder whether they put the letters in the mail ON may 15th or like a day or 2 before so that we'll recieve them on May 15th. I know i'm obsessing...not like knowing will lessen the anxiety of waiting. Ah well...15 days and counting. I'm so glad I have my cousin's wedding to distract me for a week. Oh, i know this is a calgary forum but

GO OILERS GO!!!!!!!!!!!:D and a shout out to the Flames...i hope all the Canadian teams get past the 1st round

Guest happy2bme

GO FLAMES GOGO FLAMES GOGO FLAMES GO

i had to negate the 0 word on this forum....

Hey moderators you really should keep a closer eye on the riffraff we are letting into the forums!!!!!

Guest mg83

Rifraff my butt....Oilers won tonight....bye bye Detroit. I'd love to see the Flames in round 2 but that remains to be seen. Its all good...either way i hope a canadian team takes it this year....if fact i'll even go as far as to predict that a western conference canadian team will take it this year.

Guest happy2bme

LOL MG83

As usual the Flames were thinking of their fans last night.

How thoughtful of them to lose the game and bring the series back to the Saddledome so that the city may go crazy when then win Game 7!

I would love to see a battle of Alberta playoff series, although I don't know if I can eat one more chicken wing.....

GO FLAMES GO

Guest mg83

No battle of Alberta....that's too bad. hey a question for Calgary fans...are you guys going to cheer for edmonton now or is the hatred too deep to muster support? I know when the Flames were in the playoffs 2 years ago quiet a few edmontonians got on the flames bandwagon but there were those that wished they would lose. Where do you guys stand?

Guest happy2bme

my heart broke last night.

Since my loyalty list is such:

1.Winnipeg Jets

2. Calgary

3. Vancouver

4. Edmonton

Now the first three aren't in the running, infact one team doesn't even exist anymore, so that leaves Edmonton.

Yes I will support the oilers, but no oiler jersey will ever clothe my body.

Guest Lurkergonepublic

Sigh,

Why couldn't they at least have gone down fighting? That's my biggest beef with the Flames is that they give up so often when it's not going well. You could tell 10 minutes into the game that they had already stopped trying, and only a goal would bring them back...

Well, I've always cheered for the Oilers when the Flames were out, although I will admit my heart is not in it nearly as much, nor will I be wearing or flying their colors. So it's Calgary's turn to be submitted to their rival's flags adorning their city, as Edmonton endured in 04.

However, I do understand there was a cerimonial burning of Flames paraphanelia in Edmonton when they lost the cup - a sort of atonement for cheering for the Flames... beware the backlash.

:P

Guest happy2bme

I don't think my liver could have withstood the flames going all the way anyhow. I don't drink often but I tended to be tippin a couple of coronas while watching the games. Alas, I will be doing more yardwork, less hockey watching now.

till next year.................

Yeah, ditto Lurker...was a pretty pathetic showing in Games 6 and 7.

I'll be supporting Edmonton and Ottawa because they're Canadian, and rooting for the Avs to destroy the Ducks, but you'll never see any blue and copper around this place ;)

Archived